WASTE ROCK LANDFORM TRIALS
Argyle Diamonds Limited
Waste Rock Landform Trials
East Kimberley, Western Australia
The Waste Rock Landform Trials contract marked NRWs first project with Argyle Diamonds.
The project was located within the Argyle Diamond Mine in the East Kimberley Region of Western Australia. Approximately 185 kilometres south of the town of Kununurra, 3,175 kilometres north of Perth and 1,000 kilometres south of Darwin.
The contract was to undertake the waste rock dump rehabilitation trials required by Argyle Diamonds to facilitate the planning of the mine closure feasibility study. The purpose was to provide a practical assessment on the waste rock dump slope stability, water discharge and revegetation performance including detailed equipment productivity results.
The scope of works included:
- Reprofiling of the waste dump slopes using a fleet of dozers to form a shallow, stable landform
- Placing and spreading a variety of soil cover horizons to enable vegetation regrowth and slope stability monitoring over a number of trial designs
- Contour ripping prior to seeding
- Rehabilitation of waste rock dumps
- Programming, planning and resourcing the works to meet milestones
- Completion and provision of quality documentation