NANUTARRA ROAD PROJECT (VARIATION TO WESTERN TURNER BROCKMAN CONTRACT)
Nanutarra Road Project (Variation to Western Turner Brockman Contract)
20 kilometres west of Tom Price, Western Australia
The project involved realigning, upgrading and sealing the Nanutarra-Munjina Road. The scope of work included earthworks, roadworks, drainage, structural works traffic signalling, signage and linemarking. Special features of the project included:
- Over 300,000 cubic meters of earthworks
- Drill and blast adjacent to operating roads
- All works undertaken to Main Roads WA specifications
- Traffic staging and controls to ensuring the road remained operational during all works.
- Construction of RECO precast concrete arch tunnel including in-situ concrete foundations and wing walls
- Extensive drainage and associated structures
- Installation of traffic signals at the intersection of the Nanutarra-Munjina road and the Mine Haul Road.
At its peak over 100 people were mobilised to site.