MESA J TSF UPGRADE
Mesa J TSF Upgrade
Pilbara, Western Australia
The Mesa J TSF Upgrade was a joint venture between NRW and indigenous partner NYFL, building on our existing relationship with the Ngarluma and Yindjibarndi people.
The project involved the upgrade of two tailings storage facilities, TSF 4 and TSF 5, including the relocation of associated pipework, power lines and the installation of monitoring equipment.
The scope of works included:
- Clearing, grubbing, stripping and foundation preparation for embankment and access road footprint
- Bulk earthwork operations; construction of tailings bunds, access roads and embankment construction
- Supply and installation of new steel tailings delivery pipework, valves and fittings
- Supply and installation of new HDPE water return pipework
- Installation of HDPE pipework for tailings discharge spigots
- Installation of Piezometers (VWPs)
- Design and reinstatement of the power poles