GUDAI-DARRI (KOODAIDERI) PHASE 1 - MINE PRE-STRIP
Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) Phase 1
– Mine Pre-strip
Pilbara, Western Australia
NRW was awarded the Mine Pre-strip contract by Rio Tinto for the new Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia. The Greenfield Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) mine is located 240 kilometres north of Newman and 35 kilometres north west of the Yandicoogina mine in the East Pilbara mining region.
The Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) mine will initially be developed as a nominal 43 metric tonnes per annum high grade, dry processing operation.
The project involves the development of initial mining pre-strip and earthworks infrastructure to enable the commencement of mining operations.
Scope of works includes:
- Mobilisation and site establishment
- Clearing and stripping topsoil and subsoil
- Drill and blast operations
- Pre-strip mining operations
- Construction of access roads, haul roads and in pit facilities
- Bulk earthworks and drainage construction
- Construction of ROM pad and skyway