ELIWANA RAIL STAGE 1 - EARTHWORKS, ROADWORKS & DRAINAGE
Fortescue Metals Group
Eliwana Rail Stage 1 – Earthworks, Roadworks & Drainage
90 kilometres north west of Tom Price, Western Australia
NRW was awarded the contract for Stage 1 Earthworks, Roadworks and Drainage works at Fortescue Metals Group’s Eliwana Mine and Rail Project, located in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
The Eliwana mine is located approximately 90 kilometres north west of Tom Price.
The scope of works included:
- Railway earthworks and drainage: from Chainage 00 to 20 kilometre
- Design volume 1,464,690 ccm
- Drill and blast 812,161 bcm
- Spoil 195,758 bcm
- 13 kilometres of roadworks for the Solomon Access Road (SAR) parallel with the railway
- Associated roadworks relating to level crossings and intersections and other access tracks, and temporary works to support the above.
A total of 304 personnel were employed on this project during peak production.