WEST ANGELAS G2
CLIENT Rio Tinto
PROJECT West Angelas G2
LOCATION Pilbara, Western Australia
The West Angelas mine is in the East Pilbara approximately 100km from Newman. The West Angelas G2 (WAG2) project will support the development of Deposit G2 pit to sustain saleable ore product out of West Angelas mine from 2023 to 2025.
This project was awarded from the Sustaining Capital division of Rio Tinto under the construction Master Services Agreement.
The scope includes bulk earthworks, civil and ancillary works to construct the infrastructure required to develop and operate the G2 pit.
The scope of work includes:
- Topsoil & subsoil strip
- Realignment of mine access road
- Construction of new haul road networks between deposits
- Construction of segregated light vehicle access roads
- Construction of surface water infrastructure, flood protection bunds, drains & culverts
- Construction of a new turkeys nest and all associated infrastructure.
This project follows on from NRW’s recent successful completion of development work at the C & D deposits.