SOLOMON TRINITY OVERPASS
Fortescue Metals Group
Solomon Trinity Overpass
60 kilometres north of Tom Price, Western Australia
The Solomon Trinity Overpass Project is located at Fortescue Metals Group’s Solomon mine site approximately 60 kilometres north of Tom Price, in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The Trinity Overpass has been constructed as part of the mine’s infrastructure to facilitate the operation of an Autonomous Haul System fleet of trucks. The overpass allows Autonomous Heavy Mobile Equipment to bypass Trinity Drive Light Vehicle Access Road and access the Trinity Mining Area. NRW was awarded the contract and commenced construction of the overpass in November 2015.
The key elements of the scope of works included:
- Protection of existing services
- The construction of two, 82 metre long reinforced concrete strip footings (370 cubic metres) and the construction of workshop reinforced concrete slabs (190 cubic metres)
- The installation of a multi plate steel arch with dimensions of 11.4 metre span, 7.2 metre rise and 82 metre length
- Placing and compacting engineered backfill of the steel arch structure (27000 cubic metres)
- Construction of two pullover bays (4500 cubic metres)
- Construction of a light vehicle access road (400 metre) including installation of all road signage, guideposts and delineators
Practical completion of Trinity Overpass was achieved in March, 2016.