Altura Mining Limited
Pilbara, Western Australia
Altura Mining’s Pilgangoora Lithium project is located in the Pilbara, Western Australia, approximately 90 kilometres south east of Port Hedland.
NRW carried out the contract for the mine development, drill and blast and mining services.
The scope of works included:
- Construction of the workshop, equipment laydown areas, earth work site infrastructure and mine
- Haul roads
- Bulk earthworks for tailings dam
- Mining services include:
- Clear and grub
- Drill and blast services including a focus on fragmentation and movement of ore to ensure minimal dilution
- Load and haul
- Five million BCM will be mined throughout the project’s five-year duration
- Selective mining ore blocks
Up to 80 people were employed in completing the scope of works.