ORE CAR REPAIR SHOP BULK EARTHWORKS AND ROADS
BHP Billiton Iron Ore
Ore Car Repair Shop Bulk Earthworks and Roads
Pilbara, Western Australia
The Ore Car Repair Shop Bulk Earthworks and Roads project comprised bulk earthworks and road construction for BHP Billiton Iron Ore’s new state of the art Ore Car Repair Shop at Mooka.
The works completed included:
- 360,000 cubic metres of bulk earthworks
- 70,000 cubic metres of rock excavation
- 700 metres of drainage culvert construction
- 7.8 kilometres of road construction with 14mm single seal
- 35,000 square metres of Rail Maintenance Track construction including cement stabilisation and 14mm single seal
The project ran for approximately 35 weeks and had a peak workforce of 150 personnel.