NAMMULDI WASTE FINES STORAGE FACILITY STAGE 3
Nammuldi Waste Fines Storage Facility
Pilbara, Western Australia
Rio Tinto operate the Nammuldi mine located in the west Pilbara region of Western Australia, approximately 60 kilometres north-west of Tom Price.
The Waste Fines Storage Facility Stage 3 expansion works comprise of a six metre high earth fill raise to the existing embankment using the downstream method to achieve the ultimate storage crest level of RL 588 metres.
The scope of work includes:
- 6 metre lift to existing tailings dam (single embankment 1.5 kilometres long)
- Earthworks to roads and pipe corridors
- Reconfiguration of deposition and decant pipework and pumps
- 6 kilometres decant pipeline realignment
- 74 metres Deposition Line 2 realignment
- 75 kilometre Deposition Line 1 realignment
- Relocation of seepage control systems
- Replacement of pipework around process plant (provisional items / qt in scope for this work).
- 965,000 cubic metres borrow (pits or mine waste stockpiles) to fill
- 6,033 cubic metres of imported filter sand
This repeat business is testament to NRW’s ongoing focus on value for money and timely delivery.
Previously NRW constructed the original plant site, the original tailings storage facility and the subsequent Stage 2 upgrade.