GUDAI-DARRI (KOODAIDERI) MINE PLANT BULK EARTHWORKS
Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) Mine Plant Bulk Earthworks
240 kilometres north of
Newman, Western Australia
NRW was awarded the Plant Bulk Earthworks contract by Rio Tinto for the new Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) mine in the Pilbara, Western Australia.
The Greenfield Gudai-Darri (Koodaideri) mine is located 240 kilometres north of Newman and 35 kilometres north west of the Yandicoogina mine in the East Pilbara mining region.
The scope of works included:
- All earthworks, roadworks and drainage for:
- ROM / primary crusher
- Coarse ore stockpile
- Secondary crushing
- Train load-out
- Bulk earthworks total 2,600,000 bank cubic metres, including:
- 485,000 bank cubic metres of drill & blast
- 166,000 compacted cubic metres of base course material for pavements
- 600,000 bank cubic metre of material stockpiled for others
- Culvert installation of approximately 2,800 metres
A total of 200 personnel were employed on this project during peak earthworks production.