NRW SUBMITS WORKPLACE GENDER EQUALITY REPORT
The new, strengthened Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 aims to improve and promote equality for both women and men in the workplace.The new legislation aims to:
- promote and improve gender equality (including equal remuneration between women and men) in the workplace
- support employers to remove barriers to the full and equal participation of women in the workforce
- promote the elimination of workplace gender discrimination
- foster workplace consultation between employers and employees on gender equality
- improve the productivity and competitiveness of Australian business through the advancement of gender equality.
NRW has submitted a report to the Workplace Gender Equality Agency and can be requested by calling 08 9232 4200.