The scope of the Yandi Sustaining Project (YSP) is to expand the mine production capacity. The works will include:
• Over 1 million cubic metres of excavation for diversion drains (including 640,000 cubic metres of rock excavation)
• Over 500,000 cubic metres of embankment construction
• Over 200,000 cubic metres of levee construction
• Over 4,400 lineal metres of culverts
• Construction of a 48 metre long wide bridge over an operating railway
• Construction of 2 floodways
The Bulk Earthworks Contract is expected to run for 40 weeks commencing in late November 2012. At its peak, there will be over 300 workers required for this project.