CARRAPATEENA PLANT SITE BULK EARTHWORKS
Ausenco Downer JV
Carrapateena Plant Site Bulk Earthworks
160 kilometres north of Port Augusta, South Australia
NRW was awarded the bulk earthworks contract for the Minerals Processing Plant (MPP) and Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) areas at Carrapateena.
The Carrapateena mine site is located 160 kilometres north of Port Augusta, South Australia.
The scope of works included:
- Clearing, grubbing and topsoil removal
- Bulk earthworks for MPP and NPI areas
- Construction of five site storage ponds
- Development of site access roads including pavement
- Stormwater drainage including culvert installation, open lined channels and structures
- Hardstands development
- Tailings pipeline corridor (six kilometres)
- Bulk excavation for concrete footings
- Miscellaneous site preparation works